At Westbury House, our main aims are as follows:
- to promote a love of learning
- to develop every child’s confidence, sense of responsibility and respect for all people and the world around us
- to help every child to reach his/her potential
- to use an Assessment for Learning approach to teaching so that we can work in partnership with the children, their parents/guardians and the directors
The school aims to create a friendly and secure atmosphere in which children can fully recognise and develop their own varied abilities and interests in the classroom, the creative arts, in sport and other extra-curricular activities.
Within this secure environment, children are encouraged:
- to think and make decisions for themselves
- to learn through independent investigation
- to recognise valid authority
- to develop sound morals and good manners
- to develop social skills
- to play an active role in the life of the school
High but realistic standards of academic attainment are set to encourage children to fulfil their own potential. We aim for a consistency in approach so that children are guided in the same direction by all staff.
We also encourage their love of learning by introducing them to a broad-ranging curriculum, with a special emphasis on creative learning.