Science Week 2023
< Back to all stories
This week has been Science Week at Westbury House!
- Little Learners explored volcanoes through various experiments.
- Big Learners made a moon cloud using water, food colouring and shaving
foam. This was so much fun!
- In Pre School the classroom turned into a science centre. Pupils used the power of magnets to make Superheroes and Supertato characters fly in front of different scenes.
- Year 1 made edible marshmallow slime, yum!
- Year 2 found out about female pioneers in science as well as a fun jelly baby experiments
- In Year 3 and 4 pupils explored the changes that occur in gummy bears submerged in water and
observed how many days bread would take to mould, dependentmon the conditions of the bread.
- Year 5 enjoyed a live lesson which answered the question... What does wool and seaweed have in
- Year 6 participated in a workshop about Amphibians; pupils veiwed different types of amphibians on screen.
Well done to all pupils who have been so enthusiastic this week.